Police halt search after 89-year-old shows up at home
An 89-year-old man police had been looking for in La Jolla late Wednesday afternoon showed up at home at about 5:20 p.,m.
The man had last been seen at a function at the La Jolla Country Club at about 2:30 p.m. and had not been heard from since then so police had put out an alert for him.
Police spokeswoman Lt. Andra Brown said the man, John Arrington Geddes, suffers from some memory loss but has no other known health problems. He is 6-feet-tall, 180 pounds and was wearing an aqua-colored polo shirt, tan pants and brown dress shoes. He is clean shaven and has gray hair.
- Man arrested following crash on La Jolla Farms Road
- Pedestrian robbed on Holiday Court
- Wounded suspect captured after escaping from La Jolla hospital
- La Jolla crime report for Sept. 11-18
- La Jolla crime report for Aug. 7-14
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=46326