Museum’s contemporary art group gathers in La Jolla garden
By Lonnie Burstein Hewitt
Hospitality chairman Patti Cooprider presided over the edibles, with the help of Garrianne Brandt and Margaret Priske, and guests wandered through the indoor and outdoor areas, admiring an impressive collection of contemporary art. The annual garden party caps off a year of events, which includes monthly meetings at members’ homes, artist talks, and sometimes, studio tours.
“SDMA is not just a staid old venue,” said Evey Solomon, a member of the group. “It also has a wonderful contemporary area that deserves publicizing. And that’s one of the things we’re trying to do.” For more about the Contemporary Arts Committee, contact membership chair Robin Lipman at (858) 794-7968.
- Chef creates special ‘La Jolla’ menu for Riford Center event
- Woman’s Club hosts spring Starlight Society event
- Masked party-goers raise funds for Girls Think Tank projects
- French-inspired fashion gets an ‘ooh la la’ at Arc benefit
- The elegant Athenaeum parties with its supporters
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45870