On the Menu Recipe: Poseidon’s Halibut Tapenade
- 12 oz Fresh Alaskan Halibut Fillet (cut into two 6 oz. fillets)
- 4 Fire roasted Red Bell Peppers ( reserve 3 tablespoons for tapenade)***
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Shallot
- 1 each Bay Leaf
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons White Wine
- Salt & White pepper (as needed)
For the Tapenade:
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives (chopped course)
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives (chopped course)
- 3 Tablespoons Diced Fire roasted Red Bell Peppers (from above)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (as needed)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (as needed)
- Over an open flame (BBQ or stove top), roast the red peppers until skin blisters and turns black on all sides.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove peppers from heat and place into a ziplock bag and seal for 10 minutes to “steam” peppers.
- Remove from bag. Peel skin from peppers under running water and remove seeds.
- In a blender, puree red peppers until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, place olive oil, shallots, bay leaf and garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine, then the red peppers and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, make the tapenade by mixing all ingredients together.
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper and set aside. If halibut is unavailable, white seabass will work well.
- Place Halibut on a greased cookie sheet and bake until desired doneness (about 8-12 minutes).
- Serve the halibut on top of sautéed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes.
- Sauce the plate with the red pepper puree and place 2 tablespoons of the tapenade on top of the fish. Serve the fish and red pepper sauce hot and the tapenade cool or at room temperature.
***Fire roasted red peppers can be purchased at most supermarkets, saving valuable time.
- On the Menu recipe: Brockton Villa’s Truffle Red Bliss Potato Salad
- Marine Room’s Redwood Hill Goat Cheese Brûlée (with Tupelo Honey Verjus Dressing)
- Corned Beef Hash ala Hennessey’s
- On the Menu Recipe: Tapenade’s Wild Mushroom Ravioli
- On the Menu: Manhattan’s Cannelloni
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45788