Brush fire closes I-5 near La Jolla Monday night
A small brush fire briefly caused Interstate 5 to close in both directions Monday, July 11 in the evening causing major traffic delays as thick smoke filled the air, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
California Highway Patrol said Interstate 5 was closed for several miles from the Interstate 805 interchange to state Highway 52 in La Jolla.
All northbound lanes reopened after 40 minutes. Two southbound lanes also were reopened, but two others were closed for three hours.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman Maurice Luque said hot pieces of material from a catalytic converter sparked the blaze, burning two acres.
- Segway is new way to see La Jolla
- UCSD’s Norman named to advisory group
- Celebrate La Jolla Shores on May 15
- Bridget’s Blooms takes over highly visible La Jolla spot
- La Jolla High Robotics Team on a roll
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45652