Hat contest with lunch at La Valencia this Wednesday
In celebration of Opening Day on July 20 at the Del Mar Racetrack, La Valencia will offer a “Fashionable Lunch: Pre-Opening Day Hat Show,” 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 13. Guests will have a three-course luncheon prepared by executive chef Lance Repp in the Mediterranean Room, along with a viewing of the handmade hat collections from Mo’s Bows, Chapeaux and Greeenpacha. Menu highlights include Heirloom Tomato and Burrata with Arugula, Spanish Olive Oil and Minus 8 Vinegar; Chicken Paillard with Asparagus, Tomato, Tarragon Sauce and Arugula; and Meyer Lemon Meringue.
The guest wearing the best hat will win two Turf Club tickets to opening day at the races on July 20. The price per person is $35 and reservations can be made by calling (858) 551-3761 or visiting LaValencia.com.
- The artistic Phelans of La Jolla are a family who plays together
- Torrey Pines Christian Church in La Jolla to host seminar on Constitutional Rights
- Cub Scouts will hold registration at May 3 meeting in La Jolla
- Two La Jolla High students win Creative Energy Challenge
- La Jolla Villagers mark 40 years of friendship
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45620