La Jolla Shores picked by magazine as top picnic spot
La Jolla Shores was rated the best spot for a family picnic by San Diego Family Magazine’s readers poll of the best places in various categories around San Diego and Southern California.
According to the poll, which attracted votes from hundreds of readers, the popular family oriented beach was the top spot to lay down a blanket and pick up an ear of corn, a slice of watermelon or a chicken leg. De Anza Cove at Mission Bay and the Coronado Ferry Landing also earned high scores.
South Carlsbad State Beach ranked as the top campground for families; Cowles Mountain was rated the best hiking trail; and Santee Lakes was the favorite fishing spot.
Other categories were: the best beach, adjacent to the Hotel del Coronado; best place to watch ducks, Lake Poway; and best hangout spot for tweens and teens, the San Diego Ice Arena in Mira Mesa.
- City Council rejects La Jolla’s Whitney project, wants more environmental review
- Swimmers concerned about La Jolla WaveRunner tours
- La Jolla Shores lifeguard, parking projects get underway
- Injured people on board for Life Rolls On event
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45434