Man arrested following crash on La Jolla Farms Road
A 28-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night on a felony charge of driving under the influence and misdeemeanor hit-and-run following a collision on La Jolla Farms Road at La Jolla Shores Drive.
Police reports indicate Jeremy Simpkins was turning right from La Jolla Shores onto La Jolla Farms when he veered into the southbound lane and collided head-on with another vehicle. One victim sustained a cut over his eye and the other complained of pain, according to Lt. Rick O’Hanlon.
After the crash, Simpkins ran away and later found at his home, police said. The Following sobriety tests, he was taken into custody where he remained Friday pending arraignment that was set for the afternoon. Bail was set at $100,500 and charges include driving on a suspended license .
- Crash snarls traffic in La Jolla
- Pedestrian robbed on Holiday Court
- Torrey Pines Corridor meeting set for Feb. 24
- La Jolla crime report for Sept. 11-18
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45272