Junior Theatre stages musical “Frog and Toad” in Balboa Park
San Diego Junior Theatre will present “A Year with Frog and Toad,” based on the books by Arnold Lobel, July 1-17 at Casa del Prado Theatre, Balboa Park. The audience will follow Frog, Toad, and their buddy, Snail, on “a croakingly good musical journey where wonderful times abound, where expecting the unexpected is just another way of having fun, and where friendship is valued above all else.”
Recommended for all ages, the show is directed by Courtney Corey with music by Robert Reale, book and lyrics by Willie Reale. There will be an ASL-interpreted show, 2 p.m. Saturday, July 16.
Show times are 7 p.m. Fridays, and 2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Tickets are $8-$14 at (619) 239-8355, the box office, and juniortheatre.com.
The cast includes A.J. Foggiano (Frog), Scott Peterson (Toad), Emma Wineman (Snail), Kaydon Schanberger, Madeleine Williams, Maya Nielsen, Shannon Barry, Charulata Sunha, Maia Gaurila Larom (Lady Birds), Kaleolani Laymon (Turtle) Pierre Cozic (Mouse) and many others.
The San Diego Junior Theatre will close its 63rd season with “Hairspray!” July 29-Aug. 14.
- Old Globe’s summer Shakespeare Festival is back with a trio of classics
- A twist of fate traps three men in “Groundswell” at the Old Globe
- Perils of romance come to the stage in new musical ‘Emma’ at The Old Globe in Balboa Park
- San Diego Jr. Theatre stages ‘The Miracle Worker’ in Balboa Park
- San Diego Opera to offer the community six free lectures, many in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45279