Fashion event will raise funds for the Old Globe Theatre in Balboa Park
Couture designer Naeem Khan will return to San Diego for the 21st annual “Celebrating Couture 2011 Fashion Show,” presented by Neiman Marcus on Thursday, July 14 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel. Proceeds from the event will benefit the work of The Globe Guilders and begin at 10:30 a.m. with Champagne and a silent auction. Since 1955, Globe Guilders have played a critical role at The Old Globe Theatre complex in Balboa Park, hosting events (including the fashion show), selling subscriptions, greeting and transporting artists, assisting in the costume shop, raising money and volunteering for the theater.
Khan’s designs have been worn by many celebrities including Beyonce Knowles, Eva Longoria, First Lady Michelle Obama and Queen Noor of Jordan.
Event tickets are $105-$225 per person. For reservation information, call (858) 454-0014.
- La Jolla-area high school seniors celebrate six years of service in National Charity League
- Many La Jollans behind a fashion event to support children and adults with disabilities in ARC programs
- Two volunteers honored for La Jolla Art Festival work
- Tickets on sale for Scripps luncheon
- Donor spurs brick campaign at Athenaeum
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=45004