Friends honor retiring La Jolla Rec Center director
Colleagues and friends recently held a retirement party for Dianne Brittingham, retiring executive director of La Jolla Rec Center, at Hotel La Jolla.
Guests wined and dined with Brittingham as well as signed well wishes on a La Jolla T-shirt.
A veteran of more than 35 years service in the City’s Parks and Recreation Department, Brittingham worked for 17 years in Ocean Beach before being transferred to La Jolla Rec Center in January 1993.
First District Councilwoman Sherri Lightner presented proclamation declaring June 30 as “Dianne Z. Brittingham Day” in the city.
Of Brittingham, Lightner said, “Dianne understood the importance these rec centers play in people’s lives and how they helped connect those in the community with each other. I wish her all the best, but she will be missed.”
- Budget cuts force La Jolla support organizations to regroup
- La Jolla’s councilwoman digging into pothole issue
- La Jolla Town Council ready to tackle pothole problem
- La Jollans working to get lights back on in the Village
- La Jolla Shores lifeguard, parking projects get underway
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=44340