Roche chemistry awards go to two La Jolla researchers
David Sarlah and Jun Shi of The Scripps Research Institute were among 12 outstanding Ph.D. students and two professors who recently received Roche’s Excellence in Chemistry Award for research accomplishments in the field of organic chemistry.
“These students come from a broad range of universities and experiences and are some of the best and brightest in the field,” said Karen Lackey, Vice President and Head, Discovery Chemistry at Roche. “We welcome their insights and expertise as well as the opportunity to showcase how chemistry plays a vital role in the development of new medicines.”
The winners get to participate in Roche’s annual two-day Roche Symposium: Excellence in Chemistry to gain first-hand knowledge on the important role organic chemistry plays in pharmaceutical discovery.
- Scripps Research’s Nicolaou named to Philosophical Society
- Lupus drug with roots in La Jolla gets FDA’s approval
- Biochemist to take reins at TSRI
- Research Report: Vaccine could create immunity against cocaine’s high
- Eye on Science: Look for a busy year for these La Jolla-based folks
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43924