La Jolla coastal trail cleanup nets lots of trashEsther Viti reports that almost 20 volunteers appeared at the June 4 cleanup along the Coast Walk Trail. They filled about 50, 55-gallon bags with weeds and other trash that the city’s Park and Recreation staff helped haul away.
Viti estimates it willl take about 100 more hours to clean up the area. On June 11, the Nell Carpenter Beautification/Streetscape Cleanup crews worked along Wall and Silverado streets and Girard Avenue, cleaning the flowerbeds, gutters and sidewalks. The cleanups are held from 9 a.m. to noon on the second Saturday of each month.
For information e-mail Beautljviti@aol.com.
- Cleanup set for La Jolla’s Coast Walk trail
- Three generations turn out for La Jolla cleanup
- Candidates list goals for La Jolla merchant group
- Vets in La Jolla share their stories of service
- Elementary schools kick off La Jolla’s Halloween fun
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43937