Scripps Research’s Nicolaou named to Philosophical Society
K.C. Nicolaou, The Scripps Research Institute Shiley Professor of Chemistry and chair of the Department of Chemistry, has been elected to the American Philosophical Society, an organization of learned individuals founded in 1743 by Benjamin Franklin.
Election to the society honors extraordinary accomplishments in all fields.
The society describes its mission as promoting useful knowledge in the sciences and humanities through excellence in scholarly research, professional meetings, publications, library resources, and community outreach. As an American Philosophical Society fellow, Nicolaou joins Scripps Research investigators Floyd E. Bloom, Gerald M. Edelman, Paul Schimmel, and Peter Vogt.
- Lupus drug with roots in La Jolla gets FDA’s approval
- Biochemist to take reins at TSRI
- Research Report: Vaccine could create immunity against cocaine’s high
- Eye on Science: Look for a busy year for these La Jolla-based folks
- La Jolla’s Betwixt Studio launches bridal party T-shirt line
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43922