La Jollan re-elected vice chair of rail authority
Former Congresswoman Lynn Schenk of La Jolla has been re-elected to a second term as vice chair of the California High-Speed Rail Authority Board of Directors.
Thomas J. Umberg, an attorney with the law firm of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, specializing in federal and state policy and regulatory matters, was elected chairman, succeeding Curt Pringle whose term ended after two years. Tom Richards was elected as the other vice chair.
“California’s high-speed rail project is a historic undertaking – the coming year is critical as we focus on the initial construction of the statewide system,” said Umberg, who was appointed to the Authority Board in 2008 by the Speaker of the Assembly.
- Bird Rock group negotiating to have farmers market
- Swilley-Francoeur facing felony theft charges
- Colony Hill home remains yellow-tagged after mudslide
- La Jolla crimelog Oct. 9 – 15
- Visit Green Day Festival happening this Sunday in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43346