Safe Ride card program starts
The Entertainment Industry’s Voice for Road Safety, has partnered with Yellow Cab of San Diego to launch the RADD/My Safe Ride Home Card, a pre-paid electronic taxi card designed to help to avoid DUI injuries and impairment on the road, according to a press release.
Marian Novak, manager of the statewide RADD California Coalition, said that San Diego is the first city in the United States to offer the pre-paid taxi card program. In San Diego County, RADD partners with colleges and the hospitality industry covering more than 65 local bars and restaurants where college students tend to party, including La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, the Gaslamp District, San Marcos and Carlsbad.
Go to www.radd.org and check out the RADD/MSRH taxi card.
The organization is also “asking our RADD Rewards Retail partners to distribute the card to patrons and honor cardholders with RADD Rewards,” Novak said.
- Proposal surfaces to charge for beach parking
- ‘Green’ architect set for talk on ‘Simplicity’ on June 1
- Former UC regent John Davies succumbs after battle with pancreatic cancer
- Former San Diegan accused of being part of Somali terrorist group
- Council postpones hearing on sales-tax measure
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43341