Members applaud fun, new exhibit at contemporary art museum
By Lonnie Hewitt
Erika Torri, Executive Director of the Athenaeum and part of MCASD’s Contemporary Collectors Group, with Sol LeWitt’s ‘Floor Piece #4.’
Chief Curator Kathryn Kanjo introduced the two exhibits, pointing out that they represented the museum in its fullest sense: its interest in different historical periods, along with its support of living artists, like San Diego photographer Philipp Scholz Rittermann, who was there at her side.
Kanjo described Rittermann’s large-scale images of life along China’s Grand Canal as having “formal complexity and mind-bending clarity,” and viewers clearly found them enthralling.
The “High Fidelity” works reflected the spirit and range of the ’60s and ’70s, and set the tone for a festive evening. The show runs through Sept. 5
- Preuss School UCSD raises record $375,000 at annual benefit
- A perfect spring day dawns for Jr. League’s Island Divine
- Soroptimist luncheon shines spotlight on women helping women
- La Jolla Playhouse supporters and stars shine at 2011 Gala
- Wine-tasting event nets funds for La Jolla High
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43444