Children’s School sends off its eighth-graders
The Children’s School held its first graduation on June night for its Nelson Middle Years eighth grade class.
This inaugural ceremony held in the Morning Sun Courtyard marked the culmination of study for 11 students, some of whom at The Children’s School since preschool. Each member of the class presented an individual speech and displayed their the Nelson Middle Years Museum after the ceremony.
Others participating in the ceremony included teachers and Head of School Brian R. Oliphant, who gave students their diplomas and welcomed them to the alumni association.
Next year the students will move to The Bishop’s School, The Grauer School, Pacific Ridge School, La Jolla High School, and Fusion Academy and Learning Center.
The Nelson Middle Years program is a student-centered, project-based fifth through eighth grade program housed in a new 12,000-square-foot facility on the campus.
- La Jolla class wins Birch Aquarium name-the-deep-sea-worm contest
- UCSD marks its golden anniversary with a gala for scholarships
- Torrey Pines Elementary School brings the Renaissance to life on Sunday
- La Jolla resident donates historic map to UCSD
- Parents help Bird Rock teachers prepare
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43558