Young orators discuss the Y for annual speech contest
The winner of the annual La Jolla YMCA public speaking contest is Liam Keefe of La Jolla Elementary.
Their goal? To win the “Branch Finals” title in the national public speaking contest for kids in the Before and After School Programs at the YMCA.
To that end, La Jolla Y orators wrote their speeches and gave it their best shot on May 26. Liam Keefe took the win, based on self-esteem and confidence (bet his sharp suit didn’t hurt, either!) Keefe will go on to give his speech one more time at the county-wide finals June 11 at the Y corporate offices, 3708 Ruffin Road, San Diego. The county champ wins a $250 gift card.
- Torrey Pines provides a perfect setting for nature art festival
- San Diego’s ‘Best Dressed’ nominees enjoy benefit gala
- Darlington House gets all decked out for Christmas
- With a Ho Ho Ho! Santa steals the show!
- Friends gather for benefit at Scripps Hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43438