‘Fluffies’ ease finals stress at UCSD
Twenty-five certified therapy dogs, including “Kalani,” a Golden Retriever and “Sam,” a rare Leonburger, joined the fun on Library Walk as did faculty and staff.
“A number of studies have demonstrated that petting an animal lowers feelings of stress and improve mood. And, let’s face it, for most people dogs just bring a smile to their face,” said Jerry Phelps, acting director of Student Wellness Initiatives.
The tradition, adopted by several other UC campuses is sponsored by UC San Diego’s LiveWell program, a Student Affairs initiative to create a healthy learning environment on campus.
- City crews replacing sewer pipe on West Muirlands;
- La Jolla tourists take magical trip to see whales in Baja
- J.J. the Orphaned Baby Gray Whale arrives at La Jolla Shores
- Mount Soledad Association to salute ‘Pappy’ Boyington on Memorial Day
- La Jolla Christmas Parade salutes community’s youth
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43309