A sign for the seniors
Light reader Rich Rinaldi sent in this photo of a street sign that was put up in front Casa de Mañana at the corner of Eads Avenue and South Coast Boulevard.
He said he doesn’t “know who put it up but it has caused a bit of hilarity with people stopping by to take pictures. I do know that people speed past this intersection and the senior citizens are concerned.”
He said he asked several of the seniors if the sign offended anyone and “they all said heavens no, they thought it was funny and if it slowed down the speeders great.
“Unfortunately,” he added, “the city took it down several days after it went up. Too bad the city doesn’t have a sense of humor. In any case we enjoyed the sign while it was up.”
- Two injured in La Jolla accident
- City engineers detail plans to improve La Jolla thoroughfare
- Students, Casa de Mañana residents prepare packages for troops
- Collision accents safety issues on Torrey Pines Road
- Driver injured when his SUV hits parked cars on La Jolla Boulevard
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43109