Jake’s “Sea Bass with Cous Cous”
Jake’s Sea Bass with Cous Cous
Ingredients: 1 cup pecans, 4 six-ounce sea bass filets, salt and pepper, ¼-cup olive oil.
For cous cous: ¼-cup butter, 1 cup diced yellow onion, 2 cups Israeli cous cous, 2 cups chicken stock, 1 cup rock shrimp, ½-cup asparagus blanched, ½-cup diced tomato, ¼-cup mixed herbs (chervil, parsley and thyme) ½-cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons whole butter, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Grind the pecans in a food processor until fine ground.
2. Season the sea bass with salt and pepper and press filets into the ground pecans.
3. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the pecan crusted filets to the pan. Sauté each side for approximately 3 minutes.
1. Sauté onion in butter, add cous cous and slightly toast with the onion and butter.
2. Add chicken stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, continue cooking for approximately another 2 minutes. Be sure to add more chicken stock if it becomes too dry.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients, continuing to stir until all is incorporated
For plating: Place the rock shrimp cous cous in the center of the plate and place the sea bass on top of the cous cous.
- On the Menu recipe: Whisknladle’s Wild Prawns with Cuttlefish Ink Tagliatelle, Uni Saffron Creme, Fresno Chiles and Fava Leaves
- On the Menu Recipe: Cassoulet from Iris
- On the Menu Recipe: Cucina Urbana’s Risotto Carbonara
- On the Menu: Bubba’s Frickles
- On the Menu Recipe: Tapenade’s Wild Mushroom Ravioli
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43044