Rape reported at UCSD
City News Service
An investigation was under way at UCSD where an attempted rape allegedly took place in an on-campus residence early Friday, university police said.
The incident took place on the Torrey Pines-area university’s Warren campus about 2 a.m., according to a UCSD police dispatcher.
The assailant was described as a man with a dark complexion and short hair, he said.
The incident comes two weeks after an attempted kidnapping just west of Geisel Library was reported. In that incident, a man came up behind a woman on a walking path the night of May 20, pulled a paper bag over her head and tried to drag her away, police said.
The victim was able to break free and run to safety, escaping injury. She described her attacker as a light-skinned, rough 5-foot-9-inch man with wavy brown hair.
- Clinton talks to students about world issues, forum continues today
- UCSD-TV to air ‘Mexico Moving Forward’ series
- Sean Penn, Gavin Newsom to join Clinton Initiative at UCSD
- Environmental report out for University House rehabilitation
- Woman found dead in burning car on UCSD campus
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=42974