Adele cancels rest of tour, including Humphreys date
City News Service
British soul singer Adele canceled the rest of her North American tour, including a stop in San Diego, because of laryngitis, it was announced Friday.
She had been scheduled to perform with Wanda Jackson at Humphreys by the Bay next Wednesday.
Mitzi Stone of Humpheys said she remains hopeful that the show will be rescheduled, so those who planned to attend should hold onto their tickets until more information is available.
Tickets for June 8 will be honored for a rescheduled Adele concert, but refunds are also available at the point of purchase.
“I’m really frustrated,” the 23-year-old singer said in a statement released by her publicist. “I was hoping with a week’s rest I’d be better to sing again straight away. However there is absolutely nothing I can do but take the doctor’s advice and rest some more.”
The remaining nine dates on the tour were sold out.
- Young artists win La Jolla Symphony & Chorus Competition
- Next La Jolla Symphony & Chorus concert is one of musical contrasts
- Violinist takes center stage at Orchestra Nova benefit Saturday night
- La Jolla Music Society to present Miró Quartet with Joyce Yang on Saturday
- Season 42: La Jolla Music Society to present world-class performers
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=43000