J.J. the Orphaned Baby Gray Whale arrives at La Jolla ShoresJ.J. the Orphaned Baby Gray Whale is in place at Kellogg Park playground in La Jolla Shores, but is currently fenced off from use because a shade structure will be put up to protect the bronze sculpture from the heat, said Kathleen Hasenauer, deputy director for the San Diego Park & Recreation Department.
“The plan is to have a structure installed over the sculpture because it tends to get hot in the sun and we don’t want anybody touching a hot surface,” she said.
Shoreline Park Director Dan Daneri said Friends of La Jolla Shores is in charge of providing a new shade structure for the sculpture. It is likely to take about three weeks to get it done.
- Celebrate La Jolla Shores on May 15
- La Jolla Shores lifeguard, parking projects get underway
- ‘King tide’ surfaces at La Jolla Shores
- Tribes to begin cross-country walk against diabetes in La Jolla
- Fall fest draws a crowd to La Jolla Shores
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=42773