San Diegan fails to make the cut in ‘The Bachelorette’

City News Service

A San Diego man was eliminated in the seventh season premiere of “The Bachelorette” on ABC this week.

Michael Burns, a 29-year-old technology salesman, tried to woo dental student Ashley Hebert in Monday night’s episode by singing to her, accompanying himself on the guitar.

The two-hour episode began with a field of 25 bachelors, including Burns, but ended with Hebert cutting the pack to 18 and Burns did not make the cut.

The season will include trips to Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Fiji Islands and Las Vegas.

Hebert, 27, said her favorite of the group dates was a trip to Thailand where they renovated an orphanage.

“It’s something I will remember for the rest of my life,” said Hebert, who was the next-to-last bachelorette eliminated on “The Bachelor” in its most recent season.

While no bachelor has married the woman to whom he presented the final rose in its 15 seasons, there has been one wedding from “The Bachelorette” and a second is being planned.

When asked in a conference call with reporters last week if she was happy, found true love or is engaged, Hebert replied, “You will have to tune in to find out, but I will say I’m happy with the way things turned out for
me.”

Last year’s Bachelorette, Ali Fedotowsky, and her fiance, Roberto Martinez, live in the University City area.

Related posts:

  1. San Diegan in the running for new ‘Bachelorette’ season
  2. San Diego, ‘laid back,’ but among best vacation spots
  3. SANDAG report shows county crime rate at 30-year-low
  4. Holiday travelers advised to plan ahead
  5. Ceremonies to inaugurate new Miramar cemetery set for Monday

Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=42086

Posted by Staff on May 24, 2011. Filed under News, Region. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Bottom Buttons 1

Bottom Buttons 2

Bottom Buttons 3

Bottom Buttons 4

Bottom Buttons 5

Bottom Buttons 6

RSS North Coastal News

  • Man pleads guilty in fatal Del Mar hit-and-run case April 17, 2014
    A man who drove drunk and struck a marine biologist in a crosswalk in Del Mar, then fled the scene, pleaded guilty April 16 to gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and a hit-and-run allegation. Christopher ``Chip’’ Stockmeyer, 41, faces between nine and 15 years in prison when he is sentenced June 20 for the March 28 death of Rachel Morrison. […]
  • Del Mar Powerhouse 10U Champions April 17, 2014
    The Del Mar Powerhouse 10U team played two pool play games and two elimination games to go undefeated in the Triple Crown Sports San Diego Open and win the Division 1 Championship. The boys showed great determination and fight to come away victorious in elimination play and battle for the win with a one-run margin of victory for both semi-final and champions […]
  • Canyon Crest girls crack top three at Arcadia, set new school record April 17, 2014
    Several young women runners from Carmel Valley high schools raced well in the Arcadia Invitational on April 11-12 in Los Angeles. Arcadia is considered to be one of the most competitive high school track and field meets in the country, drawing both national and international athletes to compete. […]