On the Menu: Roppongi’s Polynesian Crab Stack with Peanuts and Cilantro, Drizzled with Ginger-Lime Dressing
Roppongi’s signature dish is a true crowd pleaser that can be served as an appetizer, a salad or as an entrée. Serve with romaine leaves as a gluten-free accompaniment. Serves 4-6
6 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
4 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons garlic, diced
1/4-cup pea shoots
1⁄4 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4-cup cucumber, sliced
1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
1/4-cup mango, diced
1/4-cup avocado, diced
1/4-cup fresh crabmeat
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Prepared ginger-lime dressing: Combine ginger with sugar, lime juice, garlic, and water. Let sit overnight in refrigerator.
2. Assemble crab stack: With pea shoots at the bottom and crab meat at the top, tightly layer pea shoots, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mango, avocado, and crab into a mold. Invert onto serving plate.
3. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing.
- Nobody does fresh, fun and fancy California fare quite like Blanca
- To Market, To Market, where the chic and savory menu changes each day
- Waves ho! The ‘ultimate in seaside dining’ describes La Jolla’s famed Marine Room
- On the Menu: For fun, food and friends it’s a night at Beaumont’s Neighborhood Eatery
- On the Menu: Diners get Old World Italian favorites in a sophisticated setting that’s La Jolla Manhattan-style
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41641