Raquel Glasser earns WCD elite dancer title
Raquel Glasser , a La Jolla resident and fifth grader, performed and auditioned at the West Coast Dance Regional convention last weekend and was awarded the WCD elite dancer title.
More than 700 girls, age 9-11, competed for this title. She earned a year long scholarship to use during the West Coast Dance Explosion 2011/2012 convention/competition tour, and free tuition to their 2011 national finals in La Vegas Nevada, Julyo 9-15.
Raquel, a dancer from age 3, has studied at the Royal Dance Academy in Carmel Valley with Francine Garton, director. She also dances in the academy’s competitive team under the direction of the Mike and Katie Langford.
- Swilley-Francoeur facing felony theft charges
- Colony Hill home remains yellow-tagged after mudslide
- Commissioners delay decision on Bishop’s School library height until Feb. 10
- La Jolla crimelog Oct. 9 – 15
- Visit Green Day Festival happening this Sunday in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41566