Beutler leaving Scripps Research Institute
Dr. Bruce Beutler, an internationally recognized leader in immunology and member of the National Academy of Sciences, has been appointed the founding director of a new Center for the Genetics of Host Defense at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Beutler currently is chairman of the Department of Genetics at Scripps Research Institute where he has developed one of the most robust gene discovery programs in the world, Dr. Beutler, who started his scientific career at UT Southwestern as an internal medicine intern and neurology resident, served as a faculty member from 1986 to 2000 and was an investigator for the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at UT Southwestern during those years.
Dr. Beutler completed his undergraduate work at UCSD and earned his medical degree from the University of Chicago. After postgraduate training at UT Southwestern, he completed a two-year fellowship at Rockefeller University.
- Scripps Research scientists win $65 million in new biology and medicine grants
- RESEARCH REPORT: New anti-malarial compound identified
- Scripps professor receives NIH Director's Pioneer Award
- Scipps Institution scientists honored
- RESEARCH REPORT: Project engineers preservation of cultural treasures
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41313