Second graders at La Jolla Elementary learn economic concepts
Cathy Wallace’s second graders at La Jolla Elementary recently learned economic concepts of producers, consumers and community services. To reinforce these ideas, the students in B2 planned, designed and constructed a “Busytown” modeled after businesses and attractions in La Jolla and San Diego. The student created-town included Hotel La Jolla, a Ferrari Shop, the San Diego Zoo, a bank, La Jolla Elementary School, a train station — complete with moving train, an airport, a cupcake shop, restaurants, a pharmacy and more.
- Bird Rock students learn about Persian New Year
- Bird Rock Elementary students visit Petco
- La Jolla Elementary musicians get a show
- La Jolla Elementary continues tradition started on 9/11
- Kudos for polishing the Jewel: La Jolla Elementary's Bloom
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41285