On the Menu: Blanca’s Olive Oil Poached Halibut with Artichoke, Meyer Lemon and Nettle Emulsion
For the Sauce:
40 grams Arbequina Olive oil
40 grams sweet white onion
15 grams green garlic bottom
25 grams ginger
100 grams white wine
600 grams vegetable stock
100 grams turned artichoke (1 large)
125 grams nettles
125 grams crème fraiche
Directions: Sweat aromatics in olive oil with salt. Deglaze with white wine and vegetable stock, peel artichoke directly into liquid and simmer until artichoke is tender. Puree with picked nettles. And finish with crème fraiche.
Sautee various spring vegetables and mushrooms in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Poach a halibut filet in 125º F olive oil for approximately 20 minutes, until just cooked through and tender.
Arrange vegetables around bowl with lightly frothed sauce covering the bottom of the plate with halibut in the center. Garnish with wild spring flowers.
- On the Menu: Chedi Thai Crispy Calamari
- On the Menu Recipe: Market’s ‘Point Reyes Blue Cheese Souffle & Satsuma Tangerines’
- Marine Room’s Redwood Hill Goat Cheese Brûlée (with Tupelo Honey Verjus Dressing)
- On the Menu: Manhattan’s Cannelloni
- On the Menu recipe: Piatti’s Basil Ricotta Ravioli
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41195