Salon in La Jolla will provide haircuts to raise funds for children’s heart-surgeries
Brett Beal, owner of the newly decorated Posh La Jolla (formerly Ultimo) at 7446 Girard Ave., will open his salon from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, May 15 to help save children suffering from congenital heart defects. Beal and a team of stylists will cut hair and donate all proceeds to La Jolla Sunrise Rotary’s Gift of Life 5340 Foundation. Men, women and children are welcome. Haircuts are $35 for this event, but participants can donate more! Appointments are not necessary.
The Foundation is part of the Gift of Life International organization that is dedicated to the needs of children who would die without heart surgery, and has already saved the lives of 15,000 children worldwide.
“The La Jolla Sunrise Rotary’s 5340 Foundation itself has funded 65 operations in Central America and donated thousands of dollars for surgical equipment to a hospital in Africa that performs these operations,” said Beal, who is director of the Foundation.
For more information, call Estelle Ebert, at (858) 456-2969.
- Many La Jollans behind a fashion event to support children and adults with disabilities in ARC programs
- Two volunteers honored for La Jolla Art Festival work
- Las Patronas gears up for its 65th annual Jewel Ball
- Tickets on sale for Scripps luncheon
- Donor spurs brick campaign at Athenaeum
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41178