J*Company stages the toe-tappin’ musical ‘Children of Eden’ at the JCC in La Jolla
The “Children of Eden,” based on the Biblical stories about the Garden of Eden and Noah’s Ark, delivers the bittersweet but inspiring message that “the hardest part of love is letting go.”
A production of the J*Company Youth Theatre (a program of the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture at the Jewish Community Center in La Jolla) the curtain rises on the musical at 7 p.m. May 19; 8 p.m. May 14 and May 21; 1 and 4:30 p.m. May 15 and May 22, at the JCC’s Garfield Theatre, 4126 Executive Dr.
With a story about unconditional love from Stephen Schwartz (“Wicked,” “Pippin,” “Pocahontas” and “Prince of Egypt”) and John Caird of “Les Miserables,” the show is appropriate for all ages. It is directed by Joey Landwehr, who also plays the role of Father.
Tickets are $14-$16 online at www.sdcjc.org/jcompany or by calling the box office at (858) 362-1348.
- J*Company stages musical ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’’
- Rock musical cheers age ‘13’ with story about growing up from J*Company
- J*Company bows to tradition in its ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
- Bishop’s School student lands a role in The Old Globe’s ‘Life of Riley’
- Perils of romance come to the stage in new musical ‘Emma’ at The Old Globe in Balboa Park
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41159