Legion Post seeks Mount Soledad Memorial informationAmerican Legion La Jolla Post 275 is in search of any and all information related to the Mount Soledad Memorial.
The call for information was issued by Post historian Roger L. McCollough.
“We’re thinking of putting a book together,” said McCollough about Post 275, which has existed since 1924 and supported creation of the Korean War Memorial with its 29-foot-high cross dedicated on April 29, 1954. “I am thinking that there are stories, photos and people’s memories of special events that have taken place and there is no official record of those happenings. I am soliciting the general public for their stories, pictures and thoughts about the Veterans events that occurred at the Mount Soledad Memorial from 1954 through 1980.”
McCollough is putting together a formal document for the group that will take in the Mount Soledad Memorial and many other venues that the post has supported.
Anyone with Memorial information is encouraged to contact McCollough at email@example.com.
- Pro-cross supporters rally at Mount Soledad
- Bilbray, Hunter call for defense of Mount Soledad cross
- La Jolla surfers develop iPhone app
- UCSD Chancellor’s Medal going to longtime university supporters
- Riders cross La Jolla Shores finish line after 620-mile Million Dollar Challenge
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40389