On the Menu: Chedi Thai Crispy Calamari
Squid slide 2″ by 2″ (2 clean tubes)
Gogi flour (Thai tempura flour)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce 2 tbsp
Vinegar 1 tbsp
Fried red onion (thin sliced)
1. First making the sauce by mixing Thai chili sauce with vinegar. The Thai chili sauce has the flavor of sweet and spicy while the vinegar adds some sour flavor on top. Adjust the ratio as you like.
2. Mix the squid with flour then fry in the hot oil until it is cooked; set it on pan.
3. Cook the squid with the pre-mixed sauce on the pan until they well mixed in.
4. Garnish with fried onion and crispy Thai basil leaves as you like.
- On the Menu Recipe: Market’s ‘Point Reyes Blue Cheese Souffle & Satsuma Tangerines’
- Marine Room’s Redwood Hill Goat Cheese Brûlée (with Tupelo Honey Verjus Dressing)
- On the Menu: Beaumont’s Cioppino
- On the Menu: Manhattan’s Cannelloni
- On the Menu recipe: Piatti’s Basil Ricotta Ravioli
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40824