LJYB teams up with Positive Coaching Alliance
The Positive Coaching Alliance (www.positivecoach.org) is a 501(c)3 non- profit organization formed at Stanford University in 1998 to transform the culture of youth sports to ensure that all youth athletes can have a positive, character-building experience. USA Water Polo, Little League Baseball and Pop Warner Football are good examples of youth sports organizations that have developed partnerships with PCA at a national level.
LJYB is the first San Diego PONY league to introduce PCA’s “Double Goal Coach: Coaching for Winning and Life’s Lessons” training program. LJYB decided to embrace this program proactively at the recommendation of a number of parents who have experience with PCA in other youth sports, where it is a requirement to complete PCA certification in order to manage a team.
For more, go to lajollayouth.com.
- Power surge for LJYB teams
- Country Day girls lose in Regional Final
- Country Day advances, Bishop’s season comes to close in girls hoops
- Bishop’s girls soccer advances, boys basketball team falls short
- CIF roundup: Bishop’s water polo, LJCD volleyball advance to finals
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40710