La Jolla's Thompson among surfers featured in new movie
Local surfer Tiare Thompson is one of many surfers featured in the upcoming movie, Manufacturing Stoke.
The film is an introspective look into the surfing culture’s struggle to be beneficial unto itself, a tapestry of both influential and eclectic members of the surfing community that are constantly striving for positive change.
The story begins in the 1960s, the golden era of surfing, a time of innocence and discovery. Surf culture erupted onto the collective consciousness and became the epitome of cool. Fast forward to Dec. 5, 2005, and the closing of Clark Foam for environmental reasons, the largest surf blanks manufacturer in the world.
For more about the movie, go to www.manufacturingstoke.com.
- UCSD celebrates scholars at Fiesta de las Estrellas event
- Neighbors more relaxed after La Jolla eyesore is sold, cleaned up
- Ethics Center partners with CONNECT
- Redevelopment agency to take over ballpark debt
- Research Report: Longevity means getting just enough sleep
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=41727