San Diego, ‘laid back,’ but among best vacation spotsCity News Service
San Diego was rated the 18th best vacation spot in the world and third-best in the United States in rankings published today by U.S. News & World Report magazine.
“If you want a laid-back but still exciting vacation, San Diego should rise to the top of your list,” the magazine stated.
The article touted the beaches, the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, the Torrey Pines State Reserve and fish tacos among the draws.
Paris was the top-rated vacation spot worldwide.
The top U.S. destinations were San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
The rankings were compiled by an analysis of online mentions on travel Web sites.
- Mission Bay habitat project getting underway
- Census data puts San Diego population at 1.3 million
- Hearing for Tucson gunman being held in San Diego courtroom
- Council approves funding for veteran housing in San Diego
- Poll workers still needed for some areas
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40454