Masked party-goers raise funds for Girls Think Tank projects
A Big Easy-style masquerade party with a professional casino, New Orleans cuisine, live jazz, silent and live auctions and more, was hosted by Bill and Michelle Lerach on April 30 to benefit the work of the Girls Think Tank. The nonprofit was formed five years ago by a group of female attorneys “to bring basic human dignity to San Diegns in need.” It was instrumental in getting the City Council to approve $700,000 for self-cleaning public restrooms and water downtown, according to board member Brook Larios. Proceeds from Saturday’s gala will be used to fund survival backpacks for the homeless, and the programs of Project AVOW to diminish violence against women.
- Bishop’s School supporters rock on with Foreigner at ‘Say You Will’ gala
- Jewish Federation celebrates 75 years of philanthropy
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters ready for its 50th year in the county
- Autumn brings a bountiful harvest to La Jolla’s Open Aire Market
- Newcomers kick off year at Beach & Tennis Club party
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40433