La Jolla High student named to honor society
La Jolla High School freshman Kristen A. Chiu has been named to the National Society of High School Scholars, which recognizes academic excellence.
She loves fashion, fashion design, drawing and art as well as photography and videography. She plays the guitar and sings and is on the Vikings’ freshman volleyball team and the Coast club team.
The group’s founder and chairman, Claes Nobel, is a senior member of the family that awards the Nobel Prizes.
Membership in the society qualifies students for scholarship opportunities, competitions, publications and special programs.
For information got to www.nshss.org.
- La Jolla High’s Robotics Team heading for championship
- Students from La Jolla schools qualify as National Merit finalists
- La Jolla High team captures Mayor’s Cup cyber defense title
- La Jolla high students advance in National Youth Cyber Challenge
- Cheerleaders to hold carwash Friday
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40459