Some parts of county to see strong winds Monday
City News Service
Strong wind gusts up to 60 mph were expected in parts of San Diego County today, as Santa Ana weather conditions headed for the region.
Along with strong winds, residents were warned of warmer temperatures. Highs today were expected to be in the mid-80s along the coast and in the western valleys, mid-70s near the foothills, low 60s to low 70s in the mountains, and low to mid-80s in the deserts.
The National Weather Service scheduled a high wind warning for the valleys and mountains of San Diego County from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The valleys and mountains were expected to see 60 mph wind gusts by this afternoon.
Lesser gusts of up to 25 mph were likely in coastal and desert areas, the agency advised.
- Clear skies expected on Sunday
- Storm due late Thursday; rain more likely Friday
- Storm takes a break; another on its heels
- New storm heading towards San Diego
- Miramar National Cemetery’s first casket burial salutes Army medic, vets advocate
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40383