Your View: Let’s bring back dancing in the Village
La Jollan since 1953
The editor has asked for ideas that would help to restore the joyful character of the Village. One idea follows.
There was a time a few decades ago that La Jolla had street dances on Saturday nights. Drinking, noise, drugs and fights ruined the endeavor.
Let’s change the rules and make it a square dance on sunny Sunday afternoons, something easy for all ages like the Virginia Reel. The line could be a block long and costumes optional. Volunteer organizations would be needed along with donations. Businesses that are open on Sunday would certainly profit. Something like this would spark new interest, restore the camaraderie and bring back happy times. Where else could children and grandparents “trip the light fantastic” together? The Village might become alive again.
- Your View: Situation at Children’s Pool makes no sense
- Your view: La Jolla’s charm — Blowing in the wind?
- Opinion: Las Patronas gift recipient pays it forward
- Opinion: Key to ocean safety is not to panic
- Opinion: Now is a time for love, good cheer
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40050