La Jolla’s Riford Center will present ‘cooking class’ with chef celebs
The Riford Center will host a culinary program by the award-winning and internationally renowned chefs Bernard Guillas and Ron Oliver of the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club’s Marine Room restaurant, from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 11 at 6811 La Jolla Blvd. In honor of “France Month” at the adult activities center, the chefs will prepare healthful dishes and sign their international cookbook.
The event will begin with a welcome reception and entertainment, followed by instruction for preparing “Strawberry Rose” champagne cocktail, Cadiz Summer Gazpacho (Pico Del Mar), Apricot Ginger Glazed Tasmanian Salmon, and Hibiscus Lemon Curd Bar.
Tickets are $50 with proceeds going to fund the Center’s programs and services. Reservations at (858) 459-0831. Seating is limited. rifordcenter.org
Chef Guillas was inducted into the Maitres Cuisiniers de France in March — one of only 200 chefs in the world to receive this honor.
- BEST BETS to help you plan the week ahead, Dec. 2-11
- Two La Jolla High students win Creative Energy Challenge
- La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club is hooked on assisting Wounded Warriors
- La Jolla Jewish community gathers for Grand Menorah Lighting Ceremony
- Families turn out for La Jolla Library Craft Bonanza
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40301