Two prayer services set for May 5 in La Jolla as part of National Prayer Day
As part of the 60th Annual National Day of Prayer, La Jolla Presbyterian Church will host a prayer service and breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Thursday May 5 at the church, 7715 Draper Ave. No reservations are required to attend.
Event organizer Sally Irwin said, “we’ll specifically be praying for our government, military, family, churches, media, economy and education.”
There will also be a Sunrise Prayer Service on Mount Soledad from 5:45 to 6:45 a.m. on May 5 at 6905 La Jolla Scenic Drive South. Get complete details from John Townsend at (619) 223-1504. Gates will be opened at about 5:35 a.m.
- W.W. II veteran Kenneth Haygood of La Jolla prepares for the trip of a lifetime
- Lectures to ease grief, separation start on Tuesdays
- The Art of Pysanky: Learning from egg-spert rector Randal Gardner of La Jolla
- Garden-related exhibits and lectures are in full bloom around La Jolla
- Doris Lee McCoy will address Circumnavigators Club on Dec. 9 in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=40283