Tickets on sale for Birch Aquarium’s spring/summer Green Flash Concert Series
Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography will present its sixth annual Green Flash Concert Series on Wednesday evenings beginning May 18 at 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. These unique monthly concerts (co-hosted by 102.1 FM KPRI) are held from 6-9 p.m. for ages 21 and older. Proceeds support aquarium exhibits and educational programs. General admission is $25 with RSVP at (858) 534-4109 or $30 at the door. A season pass is $120.
The concerts combine live music with panoramic ocean views on the aquarium’s outdoor tide-pool plaza. Happy-hour appetizers, craft beers and wines are available for purchase. Guests are invited to keep an eye out for a real “green flash,” a rare optical phenomenon caused by refraction of light as the sun sets on the horizon.
Concerts are standing-room only. Admission includes the concert, entrance to aquarium exhibits and parking.
June 15: Surf rocker Donavon Frankenreiter and his band
July 20: Fitztantrums
Aug. 17: Singer/songwriter Steve Poltz
Sept. 21: Singer/songwriter Brett Dennen
- ‘Bach’ concert slated for Friday at St. James By-the-Sea in La Jolla
- UCSD Music Department plans several winter ‘bargain’ concerts
- Puccini’s ‘Turandot’ will open 2011 San Diego Opera season
- St. James Music Series in La Jolla heralds four upcoming concerts
- Orchestra Nova season scores a hit
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=39994