Celebrate La Jolla Shores on May 15
Friends of La Jolla Shores have declared May 15 J.J. Day and are planning a community celebration at the Birch Aquarium.
The family-oriented event from 6 to 9 p.m. will be both a fundraiser and party to celebrate the Friends efforts at Kellogg Park as well as completion of the life-sized bronze sculpture of the baby whale that was rescued and nursed back to health by SeaWorld trainers. Sculptor D. Lynne Reeves will be there and organizer Mary Coakley said she’s hopeful the sculpture will be too. If not, it will make its appearance later in May at the north end of the beachfront park.
Also planned is a talk by Bev Hosk, who first spotted J.J. in Marina Del Rey, a visit from the trainers and a display of winning photos in the Friends’ recent photo contest. There will also be a live auction and prizes.
The suggested donation is $10 for adults, $5 for children. Go to www.FriendsofLaJollaShores.com or contact Coakley at email@example.com or (619) 840-0250.
- Interpretive panels to tell stories along La Jolla’s coast
- SeaWorld staff treating injured seal from La Jolla’s Children’s Pool
- La Jolla Shores lifeguard, parking projects get underway
- Community activist Michele Addington leaving La Jolla for downtown
- Seal pup rescued at Children’s Pool dies
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=39784