Menehune Contest a big success
Annika Verbrugghen gets ready to surf in the 11th Annual Menehune Surf Contest put on by the La Jolla Shores Surfing Association.
The sun and surf conspired to produce a perfect contest day of abundant sun and surf at La Jolla Shores. More than 125 contestants surfed in the one-day event featuring longboard, shortboard, and novice divisions.
While the kids wowed spectators with their skillful surfing maneuvers, the beach came alive with banners, tents, and good vibes as dozens of surf club volunteers signed in competitors, passed out goodie bags, judged heats, tallied scores, and hosted a BBQ, raffle, and silent auction for the participating families.
For complete results, go to www.ljssa.org.
- Season comes to close for Bishop’s soccer
- Turnover not a concern for La Jolla High hoopsters
- Country Day takes on Santa Fe Christian in pursuit of state title
- La Jolla volleyball team ‘Digs for the Cure’
- Rain or shine, La Jolla Youth Soccer plays on
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=39707