La Jolla Elementary Brownies pitch in on cleanup dayLa Jolla Elementary School’s Brownie Troop 3095 joined the Town Council’s Nell Carpenter Beautification Committee recently in one of the regular Saturday cleanups. The girls and five of the mothers worked west on Girard Avenue from their school all the way to Torrey Pines Road and then back again.
Chairperson Esther Viti, who organizes the cleanups each Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon, gave the girls a short lesson and then turned them loose. She sang their praises for helping out and encourages others to join the effort. Sign in at the table on Girard Avenue near Wall Street. Supplies, gloves and refreshments are provided.
- Three generations turn out for La Jolla cleanup
- La Jolla’s Trattoria Acqua closes after 17 years
- Three cars damaged, no one hurt by falling tree in La Jolla
- Esther Viti Day is Dec. 7; next La Jolla cleanup is Dec. 11
- Adelaide’s Florists in La Jolla changes ownership
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=39757