Scripps Research hosts donor appreciation event
In front: Betty Brock, Eugenia Glow and Jo Zolin In back: Kim Doren, Ron Newell and Eleanor Mosca
Special recognition was given to the Scripps Legacy Society whose members have supported the science at Scripps Research by making a gift in their estate plans. Legacy Society member Kim Doren spoke briefly about her personal experience with disease and how it inspired her to support biomedical research.
Third-year graduate student Keary Engle also made a presentation. Engle is pursuing a joint Ph.D./D.Phil. at Scripps Research and the University of Oxford as a Skaggs-Oxford Scholar.
- Silver Tea patrons show their support for children
- Five La Jolla women are among the 2010 Women of Dedication
- Tango! Tango! Tango! Athenaeum salutes Argentina
- Autumn chill in the air at last Sunsetter of the summer
- Residents host fundraiser to renovate La Jolla fire station
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=39489