Motor Car Classic drives a crowd to Scripps Park
A man looks into a 1938 Mercedes 540 k Special.
“The weather gave us a late-game surprise assist and our increased sponsorship participation, along with our 2011 emcee Keith Martin of Sports Car Market Publishing, effectively raised the quality of this spectacular La Jolla event,” she added.
Historical Society Executive Director John Bolthouse said that attendance was down a bit from 2011, but “participants and spectators had a great time.” He noted that the road rally, which ended at the Wisteria Cottage for the first time, showed the potential for the event’s growth. He estimated about 200 or so spectators wandered by as the cars arrived on Saturday afternoon.
The show benefits the Historical Society and the Monarch School.
- Cars take center stage at La Jolla Motor Car Classic
- La Jolla Motor Car Classic hits the road first weekend of April
- Workshop fills La Jollans in on historic home designation
- Architects to headline La Jolla lecture series
- LJ Shores underwater photo contest takes off
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=38983