UCSD students honor Japan disaster victims during Matsuri festivalThe Japanese Student Association gathered to honor the victims of the Japan quake and Tsunami on Thursday during the annual Matsuri festival, making 1,000 paper cranes and gathering donations to add to the $10,000 they have already raised.
The Japanese student group, along with students from the UCSD Rady School of Management, International House, and School of International Relations/Pacific Studies, formed the Help Japan coalition.
To donate, go to www.wepay.com/donate/helpjapan.
- Lightner announces lifeguards restored at Black’s Beach
- Little-known Ansel Adams photos of UCSD on display
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography to head $25 million climate research project
- Autopsy shows woman found in burning La Jolla car was slain
- La Jolla Hillel revisions aren’t enough for neighbors
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=38763